You are looking at results from northeasthealthline.ca.
To find services in another area, enter a different postal code or city in the Find Services link above this message.
Respite Care for Seniors
Respite care offers temporary, substitute living arrangements or special care in the home for seniors in order to provide a brief period of relief or rest (usually more than twenty-four hours) for the family members, guardians or other people who are their regular caregivers.
See In-Home Nursing and In-Home Personal Support for programs that offer the services of substitute caregivers who provide respite care in the individual's own home.
Short-stay programs are offered by some Long-Term Care Homes and Retirement Residences for adults living in the community with long-term care needs and/or who require care when recovering or stabilizing. Admission to these short-stay programs is through Community Care Access Centres. A few long-term care homes offer private short-stay respite care. Apply directly to the residential home.
- CarePartners - North Bay - Respite
- Cassellholme, East Nipissing District Home for the Aged (The) - North Bay - Community Support Services - Caregiver Respite Program
- Friends (The) - Seniors Services Program - Burk's Falls
- Near North Palliative Care Network - Nipissing and Parry Sound - Respite
- Nipissing First Nation - Health Services - Home and Community Care Program - Respite Care
- Temagami First Nation - Doreen Potts Health Centre - Home and Community Care - Respite
- Canadian Shield Health Care Services - Sudbury
- Circle of Care - Sudbury
- Comfort Keepers - Hanmer
- For Seniors Only - Sudbury
- Friends (The) - Community and Health Services - Parry Sound - Respite
- Friends (The) - Seniors Services Program - Parry Sound
- Gardens of Parry Sound Retirement Residence - Parry Sound
- ICAN - Independence Centre and Network - Sudbury - Donato House - Respite Program
- M'Chigeeng First Nation - Health Services - Wellness Centre
- Magnetawan First Nation - Health Centre - Respite Care
- Mamaweswen North Shore Tribal Council - N'Mninoeyaa Aboriginal Health Access Centre
- ParaMed - Sudbury
- Serpent River First Nation - Cutler - Geka Wigwam Seniors Lodge - Home and Community Care Program - Respite Care
- Southwind Retirement Residence - Sudbury
- Sudbury-East Seniors Support - Noelville - Respite Services
- Transitional Home Health and Transition House - Short term living Accommodations at Transition House - Sudbury
- Universal Medical Centre - Greater Sudbury - Home Care - Non Medical Services - Respite Care
- VON Victorian Order of Nurses - North East District - Greater Sudbury - Adult Day Program
- VON Victorian Order of Nurses - North East District - Greater Sudbury - Respite care
- Zhiibaahaasing First Nation - Health Centre - Home and Community Care - Respite Care