You are looking at results from northeasthealthline.ca.
To find services in another area, enter a different postal code or city in the Find Services link above this message.
Care for the Caregiver
A caregiver is someone who looks after a sick, frail or disabled relative, friend or neighbour. Supportive programs are available to help caregivers cope with their responsibilities and may include self-help, informal counselling, recreation and instruction. The compassionate care benefits allow family caregivers six weeks of paid leave from work to care for a dying relative.
See also Hospice Care for additional services that support caregivers who are looking after someone with a terminal illness. Look also under Care by Health Condition for disease-specific additional caregiver support services (for example, Alzheimer Disease, Cancer and Parkinson's Disease).
For caregiver relief services see Respite Care for Adults with Disabilities, Respite Care for Children with Disabilities or Respite Care for Seniors.
- Alzheimer Society - Sault Ste Marie and Algoma District
- Alzheimer Society - Sault Ste Marie and Algoma District - East Algoma Satellite Office - Elliot Lake
- Alzheimer Society - Sault Ste Marie and Algoma District - North Algoma Satellite Office - Wawa
- Premier Homecare Services - Sault Ste Marie/Algoma
- Behavioural Supports Ontario (BSO) - North East
- Maison McCulloch Hospice - Visiting Hospice Services
- Metis Nation of Ontario (MNO) - Sudbury - Community Support Services - Caregiver Support
- Société Alzheimer Society - Sudbury-Manitoulin North Bay and Districts - Manitoulin Island - First Link
- Société Alzheimer Society - Sudbury-Manitoulin North Bay and Districts - Sudbury - First Link